taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Townhome of Dismay is HAUNTED!

Yes, it's true. Tell me this isn't weird:

1. I usually do all my laundry in a single night. I put the laundry in, go about my business, and when I go down to change it.... the washer lid is open. Not every single time, but enough times to make me doubt my sanity. I won't have even been in the laundry room, and so why would it be open?

2. I keep a statue of St. Francis out back. There's no reason for me to move old Francis--I put him in one place when I moved in, and I know exactly where he is because I'm back here smoking all the time. Well, last night I come out and Francis has moved 45 degrees counter clockwise. I would also doubt my sanity on this, but visitors to the T. of H. confirm that yes, Francis moved. My back patio isn't entirely inccessible, but it's pretty private, and if anyone was back here why would they move Francis but not touch anything else?

3. While brushing my teeth in the bathroom, I often see someone standing to my left outside the bathroom door. I turn and the figure is gone. It's eerie and quite unlike anything I've experienced before.

4. Neighbors report that "no one stays in that house very long." It's a comfortable house so it's hard to imagine why.

I don't feel too creeped out by the whole thing--I don't sense an evil force in the house or anything. I mean, what kind of ghost fusses with washer lids and statues? And who's ever heard of a ghost haunting a 30-year-old townhouse? Still, it's odd. Perhaps my daughter is getting to that Poltergeist age, you know, where here massive energies are causing objects to move around. Given her temper, I wouldn't be surprised. I'll post here if I have any more sightings.

6 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger sweetney said...

oooh i love this kind of shit! keep us (well, me) posted...

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Now I'm scared to go upstairs! I'm spooky anyway and must say in my parents house I have experienced the washer lid thingy! Not kidding. I'm from B-more too. Maybe it's a B-more ghost prerequisite:0)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Very creepy (as I'm now looking over my shoulder every second) but very interesting.

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger chang said...

How the fuck did the kid see POLTERGEIST? Man, that movie still scares the shit out of me.

Haunted house, eh? Yikes. Guess it takes your mind off of the separation?

Is ex-hub's house haunted?

Dude. That sucks.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger dogfaceboy said...

OK, I believe in ghosts, but I have rational explanations for each of those events, especially the washer. My husband leaves it up every third time. He insists he doesn't, but he does. He THINKS he puts it down, but he doesn't.

Say it out loud every time you do it. Make yourself a sheet to check it off. I'm positive you've got your mind elsewhere.

Peripheral vision is also a funny thing. I see things in mine quite often, and when I look, nothing's there. It's the play of light or a thought. But it's *probably* nothing.

You, m'dear, are your ghost. I truly believe that.

I have a couple of stories to share about ghosts and psychic connections with my friends and daughter, so, as I said, I do believe in this stuff. In fact, the latter may explain the big girl's "dream."

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Lisa the Lovely said...

You know what's weird? I see a figure out of the corner of my eye-OFTEN! One day I mentioned it to my husband. He said "I do too. She's about yah tall, brunette, wearing white" Which is EXACTLY what I've seen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home