taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Just returned from the ocean for a couple of days, which of course always requires a trip through Bridgeville, Delaware, home of Rapa Scrapple.

Now, let's be clear here. I love Scrapple. I love RAPA brand Scrapple, actually. My dream job is to be marketing director for RAPA Scrapple. If possible, I would eat Scrapple every day--but Scrapple is a rare treat, a delicacy. It requires patience to cook well, and I'm not patient. It requires time. It requires love. And so you just can't eat Scrapple every day, even if you wanted to. Few people truly understand Scrapple, but those that do are fanatical in their devotion, and for good reason.

And so we come to the event that will make my autumn complete: the Apple-Scrapple Festival, during which thousands and thousands of pounds of scrapple are cooked and served to 30,000 loyal Scrapple-eaters. I can't believe I didn't know about this until now, but you can bet that I'm going this year. I hope to buy a RAPA scrapple T-shirt but I don't think they make them, so I may have to create my own and wear it to the festival. Maybe I'll even make a bunch of them and try and sell them at the festival--kind of being an *amateur* marketing director for Rapa Scrapple!

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger *~**E**~* said...

I don't know what scrapple is :( Please inform if I am missing out on one of life's great treasures!

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger XLT said...

Lou, the former proprietor of Pete's Grille, was my scrapple guru. "If you can eat sausage," he reasoned, "you can eat scrapple."

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Kevin K said...

I love scrapple, and thank you for speaking up on it! I must go to this festival.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Stagolee said...

Of course, for the true scrapple aficionado (aka "squealer"), nothing beats the added (addled?) delight of topping off your wintertime scrapple with a delightful, heart-numbing dose of maple 'surp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home