taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I wanted to promote this comment from my ex, because I want to make sure that anyone who's reading this blog simply to pass judgement will see that actually, things have been done quite nicely here at the Home of Dismay. Thank you, Mr. Valve, you are a true friend.

"Hi--Special Guest Poster, here... Yes, it's the STOBEX (soon to be ex) hubby!

While that (now deleted) comment was stupid and insensitive, it was more wrongheaded and agenda-laden than it was evil.

As another star in this soap opera, I can honestly say that things are working out better than they would be on "parallel universe Bastille Day" where Claire and I are still together. Things happened in a way that were painful and hard to understand--from my earlier perspective. I am now a man to be envied--yes *envied*. I still have two sweet, wonderful daughters (who are NOT going to be ruined by any of this, I mean--come on), I have Claire as a friend, I have a new SO who is magnificent and sweet who makes me happy, and I have room and time to grow in ways that weren't possible before.

The girls have whole future adult lives where they will play out their own unfolding dramas. The way it's playing out (in the positive fashion it is) will make this nothing more than an historical footnote for the girls. For me and Claire, this is it--these are our lives, and we are living them. So nannny-nanny boo-boo."

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger sweetney said...

how about i kick your black ass?

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger chang said...

that thing ain't black.

it's just skinny.

I think.

Was last time I saw it.

Glad you all are showing them they can suck eggs.

Party on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home