taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Haunting update:

Last night after I finished posting about the haunting, the Panda came down on the patio for a chat. I hadn't mentioned anything about my suspicions to her, or discussed them when she might overhear. Anyway, so she says to me, "A weird thing happened last night. I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the toilet paper was all clawed up, like a cat had clawed it. I took that piece off the roll and threw it out, and looked down at the floor, and there were three red claw marks in the floor." She paused. "It really reminds me of that movie... you know, 'They moved the headstones BUT THEY DIDN'T MOVE THE GRAVES!'"

She actually seemed to find it kind of amusing but it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I checked the bathroom and didn't see any marks on the floor, so maybe she was dreaming.

I also forgot to mention that the other day, I had a friend over for cocktails. He made some ina the shaker, poured them out, and left the shaker lid on the counter. We sat on the patio for a while; I asked him to make another, and when he went upstairs to make them, he couldn't find the shaker lid on the counter. He looked and looked and finally found it sitting on the floor next to the trash can. He hadn't used the trash can before, so there was no reason for him to have put it there. He told me later, when I voiced my suspicions about the washer lid, and told me he hadn't wanted to scare me but it had given him the creeps.

So there you have it. Is it legal in Maryland to break a lease due to haunting?

5 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger sweetney said...

THIS IS RAD. we must have a slumber party some night soon, do a mock seance, etc. etc. PLEASE???

(of course this would have to be a weekend when you DON'T have the kids.)

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger debbie said...

wow, this is freaking me out! maybe it's a ghostcat??

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of booking a exorcist, I'd consult an exterminator.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Sweetney is brave, I'd be running for the door. But I'm a big ass chicken.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger The Cybrarian said...

Yeah, it kind of sounds like you might have rodentia. Suburban-sized.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home