taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Townhome of Dismay is now up and running!

I have to blog from work now, because I don't have an internet connection at home yet, so this will have to be short because, well, I have actual work to do and shit. But I'm so very excited about my little house!

I moved my stuff in on Saturday. I was weepy, watching the moving truck drive away from the old house. I sat in my car and cried for a while. More like sobbed my eyes out. The foreman of the moving crew was a very nice Israeli man who told me about his own divorces (2!) which sounded far worse than mine, so that made me feel a little bit better. And then I got in my house and I was kind of flummoxed. For one thing, I didn't bring the living room furniture because we need it still in the old place in order to show the house to buyers. So I sat on a box for a while and looked around like "What now?"

I did eventually get the place into some kind of order, the kids arrived yesterday, and I fed the soon-to-be-ex-husband some hamburgers and corn on the cob, because I felt he needed a good meal. I bought my groceries and dropped a whopping $400 at Target on small appliances and supplies. I wrangled with the BGE people and dealt with a locksmith over the weekend. With the help of friends and family, I got a table to sit at and the crib set up and the TV in the TV cabinet. All I have to do now is sell my house, so if you know anyone who's looking for a charming 3BR in Roland Park for the low low price of $550K*, please let me know.

*Dismay not included; the home's dismay actually moved out on the truck too.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger sweetney said...

so where are you now? farther from me, or closer?

550K... jesus, I'D buy your house, but that's a bit too rich for my blood, sadly. is it officially on the market yet??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home