taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Moving is a pain in the ass. Comcast tells me that I can't have my cable Tee-Vee for two weeks because a supervisor needs to do a survey. I don't know what that means, and at ny rate I had to pull the information out of the customer service rep over the course of twenty minutes because she had some undientifiable accent and I couldn't understand what she was saying. I suspect Comcast is outsourcing its customer service not to India, like other sensible companies, but to the Speech Pathology Institute.*

This is not to mention the fact that somehow I managed to use 982 extra minutes on my cell phone this month (1,982 minutes? I spent two thousand minutes on my cell phone this month? How sad!) and so I owe Sprint the pincely sum of $500. Verizon won't hook up my home phone for days, despite the fact that all they really have to do is throw a switch or press a button or something, and between that and the Comcast, I'm utterly disconnected. Luckily my neighbors have an unsecured wireless network. Thank you, neighbors!
__________________________________

*I say that with more empathy than annoyance, being as I'm afflicted with the inability to pronounce my voiceless postalveolar fricative (in other words, SH) and MOST especially my voiceless postalveolar affricates (tch). Former husband thought this was very cute and so he always wanted me to say "Cash, check or charge"--the phrase that had been the bane of my existence as a retail sales clerk.

8 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Ezio said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
fresh asparagus recipe

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Joe Muka said...

Hi, Saw you blog last night while searching around. My site about austin weight loss program and other free diet info needs some work. thanks for a few ideas

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Legal said...

Nice Blog

I have a diet heath and fitness tips blog

If you have time stop by sometime

Keep up the Good Work**Diet Health and Fitness Tips**

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger The Real Estate Answer Man said...

This Is The Way SMART Real Estate Investors Make Their Money..... And It's NOT With "UGLY HOUSE" Rehabs Or

Foreclosues And Short Sales

Click Here For More Information



NOO

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger tony said...

you have an interesting blog fount the info very usefulI i have a diet science site. Its full of useful diet science related stuff.
come and check it out if you get chance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Just visited your blog, It is interesting to read. If you need some free cell phone tips, please click here .

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger The Computer Guys said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a internet phone connectioninternet phone connection site/blog. It pretty much covers internet phone connection Problems with your Windows Xp Computing !
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger lindaweaverfamily said...

Vegetables are great, but the Heart Start Defibrillator is better (At saving your life, that is ;) ).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home