taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Everyone in the house is depressed except the Queen. She might be, too, because everything I ask her, she shakes her head back and forth and says "noo!" "Did you have a good time at the pool?" "Noo!" "Did you like Zoe?" "Noo!" I suspect she thinks that's simply the appropriate response to any question. See, this is what happens growing up in a broken home.

The good news is that the husband and I found houses to rent--and, get this, right next door to each other. I'm (somewhat) thrilled to pieces, he's not so much. It's convenient and all, but maybe he's not really all that interested in waving across the backyard. Still, the houses are great and the neighborhood is nice and quiet, and I'm outta here as of two or three weeks from now, which will ease the pressure on everyone. The landlord (who owns both houses) thinks that we're very strange for wanting to live next door to each other, and he might be right, but see--I still love my husband. I know that's difficult for anyone to understand, least of all the husband himself, but it's actually true.

And I have to admit. I'm really, really excited to get my own place. I've never had a nice place all my own and I can't wait to fix it up with my nice things and go to bed in a giant bed in my big bedroom all by myself. Is that horrible? I feel a bit abnormal thinking that I can't wait to go be by myself, but there it is.

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger sweetney said...

i've been thinking about you a lot. glad things are looking up somewhat (?). send me an email and let me know how you're doing, k?

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger The Cybrarian said...

A house gained and a house lost. Sigh! Maybe I'll buy a condo in your complex!

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's be truthful here, you're NOT really alone. You DON'T know what that feels like. Be REALLY honest with yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home