taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm about to go out and buy my daughter's birthday present. Shhh--don't tell--it's an XBox!

I'm forced to admit here that I want an XBox too. It's been years since I had a console game system. In fact, I think it was 1992, when I lived in Bolton Hill and played endless games of Super Mario Brothers 3 on my Super Nintendo. I actually got to the last level and got the princess, but it took me a whole year to do it. Yes, I devoted an entire year to playing Super Mario Brothers 3. I can even remember the feeling of the little square controller, and the way my thumb would hurt and get calloused after marathon sessions--which, given enough beer, cigarettes, and giant 7-11 sodas, could go on for up to twelve hours at a time. Ahh, my squandered youth.

These new systems are obviously much more complicated than that, so I wonder if I'll even be any good at the games. My reflexes are slower, too. Still, I think with enough button-mashing I'll be able to get the hang of it.

So, off to Target, baby in tow. If the blog doesn't get updated for a while, you'll know why.

4 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger sweetney said...

oooh! nice. i'm sure she'll love it.

are you home today? if so hit me on the cell or email -- maybe we can hook up this afternoon?

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Old School Rapper said...

Do The Shiavo!!!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger dogfaceboy said...

I am very anti-computer game. My daughter will never have one.

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very anti-book & anti-outdoor-play. My daughter has every gaming device possible.

So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home