taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Sunday, March 06, 2005

I start a new job tomorrow. Yes, yes, I know, I just started my last job. But it was fairly obvious from week one at that job that it was just wrong for me, so why prolong the misery? I went out and found myself a nice, shiny new job, and for some reason I'm not the least bit nervous about my first day.

All I know about my new job is:
1. I'll be the only person doing my particular job. Which means either I'll be working til 8pm every night, or else I'll be happy because I have total control, or most likely both.
2. They have a deck where in the summer, evidently, they invite clients to hang out and drink with them. Drinking with clients sounds like a bad idea to me. Maybe all the client service people have to drink kiddie cocktails and the clients get drunk--that would be a much better idea. The whole point of account services is maintaining your inibitions, after all.
3. They have a pool table. I really like playing pool, but I'm not sure I want to play pool in the office. What if I wear too short of a skirt on Pool Day? What if I lose all the time? What if I win all the time?
4. I have finally gotten to the point in my career where anywhere I go, I've worked with someone there before. So I know a handful of people at this new place, and keep trying to remember what my past interactions with them have been. But by now all the clients and all the accounts and all the ADs and writers blend together in my brain into one giant ad campaign, running perpetually.

I'll keep everyone posted, provided I make it home before 8pm.

6 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger XLT said...

Congratulations and best of luck on your new job.

I have access to a pool table at work, too. Luckily, since the office move, it's far out of ear shot. When ever I'd hear the crack of the cue, I'd get that itch.

What's also cool is now I've found a co-worker where our skill sets are evenly matched. There's few things less fun than playing pool and never shooting.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger dogfaceboy said...

I suck at pool. Women who are good at pool are, I think, very smart sluts.

I envy you your ability to get a job. I apply for one every two years, and I never get an interview. It really brings me down, and it takes me two years before I can apply for another job.

I don't think you can tell from my cover letter that applying is just a hobby. I have a beautiful resume.

Good luck at your new job. Oh, and women our age shouldn't be wearing too-short skirts. ;)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Hey, I'm not giving up short skirts yet! Two kids may have ruined my ab muscles for good, but I still got a wicked pair of getaway sticks.

I'll use what I got til I don't got it any more....

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger chang said...

Claire! Good luck on the new gig! Have fun! Usse the color copier as often as possible.

Women of your age should most certainly waer short skirts. And as for your abs, bullshit. I know women who have had 3 kids and they got a six pack attack beneath the rack.

Yoga. It will bring you back the abs.

I got great abs under the gut!

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous tbtine said...

Yet another thing you and I can relate on and I just found out I worked at your most recent new job--ever so late. ::sigh:: think of all the bitching we missed out on!

Good luck on the new gig, although after the last one I hardly thing you need worry. You obviously used up your karmic bad luck there.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watch the blogging about the new job!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/03/06/firedforblogging.ap/index.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home