taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Search terms I appear to own on Google and Yahoo (top ten!)

1. Dismay--yes, I am ALMOST top of the heap when it comes to "dismay." Type it in google. See what you get. I was BORN to own the term "dismay".
2. "Strange caftans" ???? Who searches for "strange caftans"? Who even knows the word caftan?
3. "Enron fibula" -- was this person google bombing or something?
4. "SUV windowshade" (I only find this remotely interesting because the SUV owner who was searching for a windowshade actually bothered to visit, and hopefully his or her dismay was huge.)
5. "Hilda Mae Snoops"--okay, I'm not actually in the top ten on this, but that's just 'cause Hilda Mae has such a dedicated following. Go, Hilda Mae!

OK, OK, none of this is quite as good as that time I got a visit from the search term "balls falling out of shorts"--but I'm amused by the randomness of it all. I feel like these referrers are somehow defining me, that I am only relevant when I'm combining certain pertinent words. Like a cabalist, forever searching for the combination of letters that will reveal god's true name.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger The Cybrarian said...

finally someone who says "cabalist" instead of "Kabbalahist." I think those LA rabbis are playing a big trick on Madonna and Britney, don't you? BTW I got a huge book of IB Singer stories for xmas-- they are so great. Women with demon lovers. Adulterers who turn into ghosts. Yeshiva boys who are really girls. Now that's literature, mes amies.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger sweetney said...

i [heart] you, lady. and miss you!

happy new year!!! wooooohoooo! [voiced using my best "drunken fratboy" impression]

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger sweetney said...

uhh sorry. that was meant to be posted under your most recent post.

guess i had too much, you know, BUD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home