taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Friday, December 24, 2004

Ah, Christmas Eve! Children are bouncing off the walls in sugared excitement, the CVS is packed full of desperate men looking for last minute gifts, and everyone's preparing elaborate feasts. Except for me, since I laid low when hosting anything was mentioned this year. I'll bring the wine!

I'm sitting around basically doing whatever I want, since my 300 gifts are finally wrapped. The baby's in her playpen, my daughter's entertaining the neighbors' four year old with endless Polly Pocket games, and the husband seems entertained enough thinking about the flat-screen monitor he's getting (as soon as it makes it through the nightmare blizzard in the middle of the country. Like we needed more proof that the middle of the country is fucking it all up for the rest of us.)

Tonight we're going to a party at my friend's house, where all of us laissez-faire parents will drink more than we'll eat, and babies and dogs will hang out on the floor in perfect harmony. Tomorrow will be a flurry of wrapping paper, which will stress me out, and I will have to sit on the floor as gifts are opened, filling trashbags, or else I might get anxiety. I'm thinking that one of those packages under the tree simply HAS to be a pink Ipod Mini. Just has to be!

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger gail said...

I hope your Christmas went well. Also I've really enjoyed reading your blog this year. I'd like to wish you and your family a Happy Holiday Season and a Merry New Year!! Keep Blogging in 2005!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home