taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I'm dying to know who these Bush voters are. Evidently, half the country is going to vote for this criminal, but I don't know which half, and I sure haven't met any of them. I know I live in some kind of liberal elite stronghold, but I'm not going to apologize for it; I'm right, and they're wrong.

I grew up in a Quaker school and it was wonderful; they taught me to love everyone for the light inside of them, and to be peaceful and kind. But I could never completely assimilate the philosophy. How can you believe, after watching a single episode of Jerry Springer or Judge Joe Brown that the light of God is actually evenly distributed among us? I fully understand that what I'm saying is antithetical to Christ's teachings and, moreover, un-American, but still. Some people are bad and some people are good. And most of us are somewhere in between.

And W. and his cronies are actually bad. I mean bad-bad, not like Virgil in Dante's hell, but actually bad and evil. I'm not sure why they insist on doing bad and evil things, but the only explanation is that the devil's gotten hold of them.

When I used to get in a fit of pique with my cousins, my nana used to say "Love the sinner, hate the sin." But it's a distinction I feel incapable of making. Fuck both of 'em, sinner and sin alike. And fuck whoever votes for the sinner , too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home