taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Sunday, June 01, 2003

Sick all weekend. I'm beginning to be suspicious of my immune system, even though I should be suspicious of my lifestyle instead. Still, I resent aging--I should be able to survive on small amounts of sleep, food, and body fat, like I used to.

Nonetheless, something's wrong with my life, I have to admit that. I'd like to blame it on dehydration--this is a big thing in our culture these days, proper hydration. It's said that water can cure all kinds of things. It's like an alchemical substance, turning fat and toxins into clean, clear liquid, which can then be expelled easily. Oh, I love that! It's so fucking medieval.

No, it's not dehydration. Nor is it my job, my falling-down house, my sleepy husband, my out-of-control perennial garden, or the perpetual rain. Or maybe it is the perpetual rain. It's been cold for goddamn ever. It's not getting warmer, or sunnier. Today I saw the sun for maybe ten minutes and was thrilled, but then it was back to February-in-London, like it's been for the past month and a half. And of course before that it snowed so much we never left. Yes, this is the problem, the weather. But I can't blame my job, my husband, or my house for the weather, no matter how much I'd like to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home