taking the passive out of passive-aggressive

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Amidst all the war coverage, I don't think our freaky-ass weather is getting enough attention. Before the war, all anyone could talk about was the weather--our 53 inches of snow, the constant cold, when would it end? No one could have imagined that it would get to be tax time, baseball time, with no end in sight.

Yes, it snowed yesterday morning, and today it was cold and dreary, and yes, it's April. The pansies I planted last week are wilty and sad, and I'm still using that fire hazard space heater just to take the edge off. And, brilliantly, I planned a vacation to Boston for this weekend. Boston! I thought, surely by April Boston will be tolerable. But no. My friend reports it's 34 degrees and there's snow on the ground. So much for showing off my legs.

I like conspiracy theories, but I can't even think of one for the weather. While I firmly beileve there's some volitional force behind it all, it's hard to imagine what that might be and how I might influence its decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home